Intimate Couple Photos & Boudoir
Intimate couple photography using a documentary style to tell the real story of two people in love. Creatively using light to shape interesting compositions and frame true emotions between you and your loved one.
Intimate Couple Photographer in Amsterdam since 2011
Photographing intimate couple sessions is something I love doing. For me it’s about telling a love story of two people in more than just a few pretty images.
I believe in moving past those first awkward moments, getting on a deeper level together and create artistic images that feel real. Images that show what your love is about, how small or big that may be.
For images to feel real and intimate, I believe trusting each other is a key factor.
Get in touch to kick things off and see if we can create images that you can cherish for a lifetime and beyond.
Intimate & Real
Intimate Couple Photographer focussed on storytelling in an artistic way
Resources and Stylebooks
Want to know what I can do for your wedding? Get in touch by filling in the form below.
Capturing Intimate Moments
I think embracing the weather that we have is the best way to go, since all weather types can be very beautiful and unique in photos. Rainy shoots where people embrace it and just show their true love keeping each other warm, are some of my favorites. Or how about a snowy day, throwing some snowballs and riding a sled… Don’t get caught in the perception that only sunny days are good for shooting, because sometimes they are not.
That being said. If the weather is going to be so bad my gear starts disagreeing or your body does ;-), we would be able to reschedule.
- Wear clothes that make you feel like yourself.
- Complement each other with colors, but don’t match colors to ensure you stay separate people in the photos.
- Pastel colors, neutral toning, earthly tones. All of these work very well.
- If you need to figure out colors, check out this color scheme website.
- Don’t put on clothing with “screamy” patterns. It’s about you, not the brand you’re wearing.
- We can do two outfits to change things up, so bring extra clothing if you want. Remember though, it’s about the true emotions and in-between moments way more than the actual clothing. Styling your clothing is the icing on the cake.
- If you need more tips, please send me a message before the shoot and I can send you my “What to wear Guide”.
When shooting a full day 10 hour wedding, I typically deliver in the range of 400 – 600 images. All of these are post processed to match the look that you see on my website. All images are delivered as high resolution JPG files, ready to be used for printing.
For couple and family sessions the amount of images I deliver will be somewhere in the range of 50 – 100, depending on how long we are shooting (1 – 2 hours typically).
I will deliver all of the images no later than 8 weeks after your wedding. I will typically deliver a preview sooner of course. Depending on the time of season this may vary between 1 to 3 weeks.
For couple / family shoots I normally deliver all images within 1 to 2 weeks after shooting.
Absolutely! Most of the couples I work with feel this way. Trust me, even the ones that look super natural in my portfolio told me they were going to be awkward.
My job is to create a vibe that makes you feel relaxed and able to be yourselves. The first 5 minutes might feel weird, but then it will actually be fun most people tell me afterwards. It’s a small adventure together. Don’t worry about modelling or being something you are not. Just be you and show your love the way you normally would and you’ll be great.