Couple Portfolio Sjoerd Booij
If you are looking for a couple photographer, you have come to the right place. Since 2011 I have photographed many couples in loving and artistic ways.
I believe in capturing real and raw stories for my couples.
Let’s go out and do something fun. Hike a mountain, explore your neighborhood, the forrest, a lake or maybe visit the beach for a picknick.
So many things we can do. So many great stories to capture.
Let’s create magic together.
Some Favorite Couple Stories
Frequently Asked Questions
I think embracing the weather that we have is the best way to go, since all weather types can be very beautiful and unique in photos. Rainy shoots where people embrace it and just show their true love keeping each other warm, are some of my favorites. Or how about a snowy day, throwing some snowballs and riding a sled… Don’t get caught in the perception that only sunny days are good for shooting, because sometimes they are not.
That being said. If the weather is going to be so bad my gear starts disagreeing or your body does ;-), we would be able to reschedule.
- Wear clothes that make you feel like yourself.
- Complement each other with colors, but don’t match colors to ensure you stay separate people in the photos.
- Pastel colors, neutral toning, earthly tones. All of these work very well.
- If you need to figure out colors, check out this color scheme website.
- Don’t put on clothing with “screamy” patterns. It’s about you, not the brand you’re wearing.
- We can do two outfits to change things up, so bring extra clothing if you want. Remember though, it’s about the true emotions and in-between moments way more than the actual clothing. Styling your clothing is the icing on the cake.
- If you need more tips, please send me a message before the shoot and I can send you my “What to wear Guide”.
When shooting a full day 10 hour wedding, I typically deliver in the range of 400 – 600 images. All of these are post processed to match the look that you see on my website. All images are delivered as high resolution JPG files, ready to be used for printing.
For couple and family sessions the amount of images I deliver will be somewhere in the range of 50 – 100, depending on how long we are shooting (1 – 2 hours typically).
I will deliver all of the images no later than 8 weeks after your wedding. I will typically deliver a preview sooner of course. Depending on the time of season this may vary between 1 to 3 weeks.
For couple / family shoots I normally deliver all images within 1 to 2 weeks after shooting.
Absolutely! Most of the couples I work with feel this way. Trust me, even the ones that look super natural in my portfolio told me they were going to be awkward.
My job is to create a vibe that makes you feel relaxed and able to be yourselves. The first 5 minutes might feel weird, but then it will actually be fun most people tell me afterwards. It’s a small adventure together. Don’t worry about modelling or being something you are not. Just be you and show your love the way you normally would and you’ll be great.
Your Couple Session
I would love to get to know you. Hear about your thoughts and wishes for your couple session. That’s our starting point to create magic together.
Fill in the form and I’ll get back to you asap.